Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful For...

So i know it is somewhat cliche to make a list of all of the things you are thankful for on thanksgiving, but I still think its a good idea.  i just hope each of us take some time this thanksgiving to spend at least half an hour expressing gratitude for the things we have.  Every year I try to make a list of 100 things to be thankful for, and I try hard not to be repetitive from year to year; however, this year i would like to make a list of 100 people that I am thankful for.  This list is in no particular order and these might not be the 100 most important people in my life, but more than anything it is going to be a list of names as they come to me.  Know that I will include people I have not met, but have still influenced my life for the better.  While the first 10 or so will be obvious, some I may also include a brief explanation of how they have influenced me.

1) Heavenly Father
2) Jesus Christ
3) The Holy Ghost (while these first three may seem obvious and sometimes over mentioned, I could not be truly grateful for anything else if I wasn't first grateful for these three)
4) My wife - Melissa
5) My kids - Ethne, and Edward
6) My parents - Larry and Marilyn
7) My sisters - Heidi, Kathryn, and Eliza
8) My grandparents - Cyril, Maxine, George, Gloria, Leslie, and Kieth
9) My in-laws - Scott, Shauna, Michael, Josh, Jessica, Gabriel, and Issac
10) My great-grandparents - specifically William, Ethel, Reva, Lester, and Edith
11) My pioneer ancestors
12) Adam and Eve
13) Noah
14) Abraham, Issac, and Jacob
15) Joseph, Ephraim, and Manasseh
16) Malachi
17) Isaiah
18) Joseph and Mary
19) Peter
20) James and John
21) Lehi and Nephi
22) Alma and Alma
23) Sons of Mosiah
24) King Benjamin
25) Captain Moroni
26) Helaman and Sons
27) 3 Nephites
28) Nephi
29) Mormon and Moroni
30) Jared and Brother
31) Ether
32) Joseph Smith
33) Hyrum Smith
34) Emma Smith
35) Joseph and Lucy Smith
36) Brigham Young
37) Heber C. Kimball
38) Oliver Cowdery
39) Martin Harris
40) David Whitmer
41) Heber J. Grant
42) Joseph F. Smith
43) Hugh B. Brown
44) Spencer W. Kimball
45) J. Golden Kimball
46) Ezra Taft Benson
47) Gordon B. Hinckley
48) Thomas S. Monson
49) Wife's grandparents
50) Oscar Kirkham
51) Boyd K. Packer
52) Dieter F. Uchtdorf
53) Henry B. Eyring
54) Jeffery R. Holland
55) Quentin L. Cook
56) Reuben J. Clarke
57) David A. Bednar
58) Mission Presidents - Pres. Phillips, and Pres. Torres
59) Seminary Teachers - Chelson, Carlson, Johnson
60) Bishops - Frisby, Crapo, Stoddard
61) David Klepitch
62) Kirk Duncan
63) Aaron Miller
64) Denson Angulo
65) Mark Watkins
66) Bro. Hansen
67) Bro. Walquist
68) Kendal Nielson
69) Ryan Nielson
70) Kurt Reeder
71) Robert Tueller
72) Alan Packard
73) Jay Lawrence
74) Chase Owens and Family
75) Dale Bunnell and Family
76) Shawn Skrivner
77) Kim Ashcroft and Family
78) Military Men and Women
79) Derek Parry
80) Keven Lewis
81) Spencer Kinchelo
82) Charity Heiner
83) Nic Willitts
84) Kent Foote
85) John Riska and Family
86) Mike Bishop
87) Daniel Miller
88) Elder Morales
89) Kelly Olsen
90) Arcelia Parson and family
91) Bueno Family
92) Jaco Pastorius
93) Victor Wooten
94) Ray Brown
95) Charles Mingus
96) Louis Armstrong
97) Miles Davis
98) Niece and Nephew Samantha and Zach
99) Dave Ramsey
100) Steve Jobs

I could probably go on and list 200 more if it wasn't so late and I wasn't so tired.  If you're reading this and don't see your name, don't think its because I am not grateful to you, its just that there are so many people who have influenced me to arrive at where I am today that I couldn't possibly list all of you, but know that I thank you for your influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment