Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Job and My Christmas Playlist

So this last week i started my new job at Convergys on their Hyundai campaign.  I've had mixed feelings about going into it, but so far it has been quite nice.  I've learned quite a bit about Hyundai, and have learned to really enjoy working for them and getting to know their company.  I've decided if I can I want to make my next purchase a Hyundai. 

Anyways, we've finished all of the basic knowledge training from the last two weeks and started taking calls last week.  Next week we'll be answering the phones.  I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited for the future.  I hope with this job to take advantage of future opportunities to grow.  I don't have much to report other than that.

In case you can't tell, I'm really not to good at blogging yet, and I never have any idea what I should post.  I guess I just don't think much in my life is that interesting to anyone besides my family; even then, I'm not sure if my family finds my life that interesting either, but at least they put up with me.  with that in mind I am now going to talk about my new Christmas play list. 

It's great!!!

I guess I should put more than that.  I started out with Duke Ellington.  He recorded an entire album based on the Nutcracker Suite.  I could only find the one track, but it's my favorite one on the album, so it works out. 

I have 2 tracks of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas because I didn't think it would let me add the Ella Fitzgerald version.  Then, when I posted it to my blog they were both there. 

You'll notice the next track is performed by the Muppet's.  I've always liked the Muppet's, so I thought that that would be a good one to include. 

Peanut Brittle Brigade is from Duke Ellington's Nutcracker Suite, but was performed by another group.

You will notice a lot of Ray Brown tracks.  I have a hard time decided if the Ray Brown Christmas album is my favorite, or if the Bela Fleck and The Flecktones Christmas album is my favorite.  For that reason you will notice a lot of Ray Brown tracks. Unfortunately, there aren't very many Bela Fleck songs on there because all of the recording that are available are live and not the best recordings.  If you have a chance to purchase their album (Jingle All the Way) I highly recommend you do.  I say the same for Ray Brown's album.  I believed its titled Christmas Songs with the Ray Brown Trio.  On this album, my favorite song is "The Christmas Rap." 

Winter Wonderland performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was an obvious choice.  It reminds me of Mr. Kruger's Christmas, which is a family tradition every year at Christmas.  I wanted to find some more MoTab songs, but I forgot to find some after I posted the list.  Maybe I'll find some more later. 


I decided to include a Frank Sinatra track for my wife because she is such a big fan of "Blue Eyes."  Plus Christmas Waltz is a fun tune I wanted to include.

Stille Nacht I decided to include because in High School every year we played this version. 

The last track on there was one that I was just inspired to throw on at the last minute.  Bob and Doug McKenzie did a great job rewriting the 12 days of Christmas, so it needed to be included. 

I hope you enjoy the music.  Maybe there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment